13 Feb 2014

The Liebster Award

The Liebster award is something that I've seen floating around in the blogging world but never really paid any particular attention to it as it never had any relevance to me. That is until a week ago when the lovely Tamsin Lily nominated me for this award. Thank you hun! Make sure you guys all check out her blog by clicking on her name :) Okay, so for those of you who don't know, the Liebster award was created to increase the recognition of bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I think it's a great concept as it can be quite difficult to establish a new blog and gain a decent sized audience.
Each nominated blogger must answer a set of 11 questions asked by the person who nominated them. The blogger must then create 11 questions of their own and nominate 11 other bloggers to answer. Below are the questions that Tamsin asked me :)
1. Who is your style inspiration?
Umm I wouldn't really say I have a style inspiration. However, there are a few ladies who I think usually always dress amazingly well. They include Kim Kardashian, Cassie, Nicole Richie and Zoe Saldana. Oh what I would do to raid their wardrobes.

2. What is your favourite film?
I have far too many but I love The Godfather as it's such a classic. If I ever watch it I have to remind everyone to stay quiet so that I can watch it in peace. Lol!

3. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you'd buy?
I would buy a massive house for my parents (♥) complete with top of the range furniture. 

4. Where is your favourite place you've visited?
One of my favourite places is Damascus, Syria. The last time I went was about four years ago and I went for just over two months. I had such an amazing time and will never forget it. Unfortunately, I don't know when I will be able to visit again due to the civil war that is taking place there. 

5. What's your favourite fashion era? (by decade)
This is such a hard question to answer as I've got quite a few. I absolutely love how women dressed in the 1950's as almost everything worn was pulled in at the waist and quite structured. I just think that women looked extremely classy during this era. I also love the 1920's purely because of 'the flapper look'.  

6. What meal could you eat for the rest of your life?
Ooo now this is a tricky one as I LOVE food and can eat so much. It would have to be Mediterranean/Arabic food or jollof rice and chicken. Yummy! Oh and a bowl of salad that is almost drenched in lemon juice. Random I know.

7. Whats your wardrobe essential?
A pair of the Topshop Joni Jeans as I practically live in them. To say I love them is a slight understatement; I have about ten or eleven pairs and still looking to purchase them in a few other colours. They fit amazingly well and are really flattering. 

8. What beauty product can you not leave the house without?
Without a doubt it would have to be concealer. I have dark circles around my eyes so definitely need some coverage to help brighten up my undereye area. Currently I've been using MAC Mineralize Concealer and MAC Pro Longwear Concealer.  

9. Who is your favourite singer/band?
Gosh there's far too many to name as I listen to a hell of a lot of different genres of music. Just to give you an idea as to what music I listen to I LOVE Afrobeats, reggae, dancehall, R'n'B, Hip Hop, reggaeton, etc. 

10. Describe yourself in three words.
Understanding, hyperactive and smiley. 

11. What would you like to achieve this year?
There's quite a few things I hope to achieve this year. Firstly, I would like to find a job that could potentially be the first step to a long-term career. I'm currently a brand consultant for Gant and consider this to be my 'I've just graduated and on my gap year' job. Secondly, I want to learn to drive and pass my driving test. Lastly, I REALLY want to increase my blog's audience and take my blog to a whole different level. Ooo wait, I have one more thing. I also want to establish myself on YouTube and get better at making videos as I've just started a channel.
 

My nominations are:


My questions are:
  1. If you could move abroad, what country would you emigrate to and why?
  2. What is one fashion trend you were not particularly fond of despite the popularity of it?
  3. What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?
  4. What is one beauty product you cannot live without and why?
  5. What is your dream job?
  6. What's your favourite high-street store?
  7. How would you describe your style?
  8. Who are your three favourite designers?
  9. Is there any product you regret buying? If so, what is it?
  10. What is your go-to perfume at the moment?
  11. What are your plans for summer?
 
Make sure you comment on this post when you have written your posts so I can check them out! X



4 comments:

  1. Congrats!
    I love the godfather too!
    This is literally the cutest thing ever!
    Make sure to check out my blog:

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just clicked on your blog and really like it. Would you like to follow each other? Let me know, have a nice day :) xx

    http://www.charming-thou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. id buy a massive house for my parents also!

    check out my blog?
    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all those who take the time to comment. I really appreciate it and always ensure that I pay each and every single one of your blogs a visit ♥