2 Mar 2016

Product Review | Skinclay White Clay Mask

Ciao Up until a year or two ago I never used to be particularly interested in facial skincare. I never quite understood the fascination or excitement surrounding the different types of products available (i.e. cleansers, exfoliators and serums), and so my collection of the sort was fairly minimal. Besides from moisturising my face daily with Simple's Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, I didn't have a facial skincare routine in place that I carried out on a regular basis. This was partly due to not realising the importance of it all as I've always had pretty good skin. Thus, I never felt there was a need for me to be extra attentive to it as it was never something I struggled with; my skin is almost always clear as I rarely get spots (let's hope I haven't jinxed myself). However, about a year ago the area around my eyes became quite dry and sensitive. It took several weeks, and the trailing of a gazillion products to get rid of the dry skin, and all of the itchiness and flakiness that came along with it.

In a way it was a blessing in disguise as it's what kick-started off my skincare journey. Evidently, my collection of skincare products has definitely doubled, if not tripled, in size from what it was a year ago. I'm often on the lookout for new products so was rather intrigued when one of the lovely ladies at work mentioned the brand Skinclay. Skinclay is a newly founded brand who create natural face masks. It was established by the British model Alice Cornish who has impressively strutted her stuff on the catwalk for the likes of Jonathan Saunders, Tommy Hilfiger, Topshop and Rag & Bone.


There are three face masks to choose from depending on your skin type including: RED; great for normal, dull or tired skin, WHITE; great for dry, ageing or sensitive skin, and GREEN; great for oily, clogged or acne prone skin. I opted for the white clay mask as my skin can be quite sensitive and dry at the worst of times. If you're unsure about what skin type you have then head over to Skinclay's skin guide where you can identify which description best describes your skin.

        

A great thing about this product is that it's natural, chemical and preservative free. Each mask retails for the affordable price of £5 and are currently stocked via Skinclay’s website. These will also soon be available to purchase from Liberty so make sure you keep your eyes peeled. Furthermore, they're super easy and fun to use; simply add water to the powder form. Detailed instructions can be found below:

1) Remove spatula and pour the sachet content into a small mixing bowl.
2) Add three tablespoons of water into the mixing bowl.
3) Stir the mixture until you have a smooth consistency (add more water if your mask is too thick).
4) Apply your mask to a cleansed face and neck, avoiding the eye and mouth area. 
5) Leave the mask on for approx. 10 minutes.
6) Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.

After following these instructions and using this product, my skin felt extremely soft and nourished. I also noticed it really helped to enhance my natural complexion and did not irritate my skin in the slightest. This is definitely a product I would use again, but also one that I would recommend to y'all.

I''m also massively impressed with the packaging as it's fresh and pleasing to the eye. I particularly like the font of the brand's name and the selection of colours used. As bizarre as this may sound, this is of great importance to me as I'm a complete and utter sucker for packaging. Always have been, always will be. So much so that I feel I'm more likely to enjoy using a product if it appears that time and effort has gone into the packaging of it. Who else agrees?

Finally, make sure you head over to the Skinclay website for further information on this exciting new brand. Oh, and be be sure to remember that looking after your skin during your youth will contribute to younger looking skin in your older years ;)

If you enjoyed reading this review then make sure you check out my previous ones in which I spoke about the following skincare products: Elemis' Anti-Ageing Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm and Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream
Ciao ♥ Xx 

8 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome product! Definitely give this a go! I love a good mask ;)


    Kotryna Bass Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post dear! I like this a lot.


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing! I really need to check this out <3 x

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I have never heard of SkinClay but looks right up my street - great post!

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I must try this product, great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like a lovely product might have to give it a go! Lovely post, thank you for sharing this with us. Whenever you have time visit me at: www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk !! Have a lovely week. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This product sounds amazing! I love your blog!

    xx Isabel
    http://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all those who take the time to comment. I really appreciate it and always ensure that I pay each and every single one of your blogs a visit ♥