27 Oct 2015

AW15 Fashion Trend #2

Ciao ♥ Brr! Autumn has unwelcoming-ly blown into our lives bringing coming months of cold days, and even colder nights. Although there's little nothing we can do about this, other than dress in accordance to the weather (hello layering), we can certainly take charge as to how fashionably well we do this.

To assist you ladies in doing so, I've put together an 'AW15 Fashion Trends' blog post series which illustrates some of the hottest fashion trends around. The first instalment of this series focused on the 70s which you can have a read about here. In today's instalment I will be briefly discussing this season's obsession with velvet. Oh and when I say briefly, I mean briefly. Hmm! I just don't feel as if there's much for me to elaborate on when it comes to this particular trend. Now that's a first as I usually always have so much to say. Nonetheless, I'm going to try to be as informative as I possibly can in the shortest but sweetest type of way. Here I go...

If you're someone who follows fashion quite closely you'd have noticed that velvet has slowly been creeping up on us, season by season. Despite all of this effort it's never quite made it is as a key seasonal trend, until now that is. Evidently, AW15 has seen the likes of Alexander Wang, Burberry, Christopher Kane, House of Holland and Mary Katrantzou incorporate this super soft fabric into their AW15 RTW collections. Featured below are some of my favourite looks from their catwalk shows.


The majority of trends are usually centred around styles (i.e. monochrome, the 70s and sports luxe) opposed to fabrics. However, this is quite the opposite for AW15 as the high-street stores are flowing with an array of fabrics including corduroy, fur, leather, suede and velvet. Yes! This season it's ALL about fabrics. After all, how many of you sought high and low, in one shop and out another, to find the perfect denim button A-Line skirt or a pair of fitted leather trousers? Ah! Quite a few of you I see. Not at all surprising as both of these statement pieces were made desirable simply because of the composition of them. For instance, this season ladies are opting for a suede or corduroy version instead as it's on trend.

What's your favourite fabric? Do you like velvet? Personally, I once considered it to be a fabric that was best suited to either a child or someone a lot more mature in age. I'm not entirely sure why, I guess I just didn't think of it as being very fashionable. Has anyone else had that thought? Although I'm not completely head over heels in love with it, I'm slowly growing fond of it having recently picked up a black velvet embroidered cardigan from Rokit. It's gorgeous and was only £7. Bargain!

  • #FashionTrendFact: Just like faux fur, velvet is better suited to this time of year. The texture, softness and warm essence of the fabric compliments the chilly autumnal days perfectly.
  • #FashionTrendTip: Textures are a great way of adding some character and dimension to an outfit. It's also quite fun to stroke (LOL).

Below is a selection of my favourite velvet finds from the high-street and online stores, all of which are currently available to purchase. What are you favourite pieces? Mine has to be the bib front dress and love heel courts ♥
Velvet Jacket - £79.99 from Zara (click here to view)
Faith Navy Asymmetric Textured Velvet Clutch - £29/£23.20 from Debenhams (click here to view)
Velvet Love Heel Courts By Unique - £125 from Topshop (click here to view)
Velvet Scrunchie - £4 from Topshop (click here to view)
Faith Dark Red Velvet High Heeled Sandals - £45/£36 from Debenhams (click here to vew)
Velvet Floral Applique Dress - £210 from Karen Millen (click here to view)
Velvet Print Wrap - £39.50 from M&S (click here to view)
Velvet Ditsy Print Wide Leg Trousers - £45 from Topshop (click here to view)
Velvet Bib Front Dress - £50 from Oasis (click here to view)
Black Velvet Embellished Bow - £3.99 from New Look (click here to view)
White Stuff  Lindy Velvet Skirt - £45 from John Lewis (click here to view)
Velvet & Crystal Choker Necklace - £6 from Accessorize (click here to view)
Eastpak x House of Hackney Limited Edition Velvet Backpack in Carpet Print - £175 from ASOS (click here to view)
Onari Velvet Tank Top - £70 from Reiss (click here to view)

Ciao ♥ Xx 

30 comments:

  1. I do like velvet, I like the feel of it but I've not really worn it. You've got some really great picks there. I would love the love heel courts, Lindy skirt and the Onari tank top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like velvet, I like the feel of it but I don't really wear it. You've found some lovely things, I like the Love Heel courts, Lindy skirt and Onari tank top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics. I like velvet as well, it's very plush and luxurious.

    www.majeang.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a stunning fabric, it falls really well and elegantly but the feel is a bit...weird! My sister hates it, I'm not that bad with it but it does still freak me out a bit! So I'll either have to not wear it or just not put my bare skin on it all day!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. So in love with velvet - it looks and feels amazing, especially in a dark red or blue colour this season :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all these items, I absolutely love velvet in winter!! <3

    I have a new outfit post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:


    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *


    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The heels are fabulous!
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post - Not a lot of fashion blogs show collection photos anymore!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Velvet is such a beaut!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous post! Thank you for letting us know...I'm going to pull out my velvet dress! ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Velvet for sure :) Bonjour from France, Sand.

    GIVEAWAY on my blog:
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. All these styles are perfect and have amazing colour and tone that is addictive! :) http://www.bauchlefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love velvet, I have some velvet shorts which I need to pull out of the wardrobe.

    chxrlxe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post dear!

    I'm following you on GFC :)

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those bow tie and ribbons trend
    So cute

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic post dear! Hope you have a lovely day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!

    kisses,
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! flawless

    deanswolves.com

    deanswolves.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing post:-)
    xoxo
    www.sissihope.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love sports luxe and velvet is my favourite fabric for A/W it looks so luxurious and very warm too! x

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  20. Something about velvet that is so classy and timeless. Great choices here - especially the sandals. Love!

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. hello dear , your blog is very nice and your posts are really interesting !!! would you like to follow each other ? follow me and I will follow you with pleasure !!! see you soon
    kiss
    http://loryschannelmakeupandbeauty.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those red shoes are gorgeous! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely adore the topshop velvet shoes - a great round up of current trends!!

    Charlotte x

    http://shillysossage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all those who take the time to comment. I really appreciate it and always ensure that I pay each and every single one of your blogs a visit ♥