1 Dec 2013

AW13 Beauty Trends

Ciao a tutti! If you're a female I'm sure you would agree that the transition from SS to AW means so much more than just a wardrobe changeover. An on trend outfit looks a whole lot better if complimented with the latest make-up trend. Panic not as I've identified three of the hottest beauty trends for AW13, all of which have been featured on the runway this season. Oh and did I mention that they're super easy to recreate. I didn't? Well now you know.

Flawless Velvety Finish

SS13 was all about having a dewy glow whereas AW13 is about having a smooth velvety finish. Almost translucent like. To keep on top of this trend I would suggest that you use a moisturiser that's oil-free and then a primer that is mattifying. Prep with foundation and then set with a liberal amount of powder and voilà, you should have flawless looking skin.

Cat-Eyes

If you're a fan of Twiggy and Edie Sedgwick then I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that this season has seen several designers find their inspiration for the runway from these such ladies. This season is all about looking to the 1960s and reviving the iconic doe-eyed look. To get this look apply eyeliner in a dramatic, heavy winged shape and then apply dots on the lower lash line.

Wine-Stained Lips

This has to be my favourite AW13 trend as I love the intensity of a dark, deep lip against a velvety and matte complexion. My growing love for the gothic and vampy look has seen my deep berry lipstick collection grow quite rapidly over the past few months. My current favourite has to be 'MAC - Private Party' which is from their new Divine Nights collection and can be seen featured in my last haul post. To get wine-stained lips I would suggest that you either apply your lipstick using a lip brush OR apply your lipstick as you would usually and then blot away any excess shine. You could also outline your lips with a light and brightening concealer to enhance the contrast between the darkness of your lipstick and your skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you to all those who take the time to comment. I really appreciate it and always ensure that I pay each and every single one of your blogs a visit ♥