11 Jun 2015

Outfit of the Day (#OOTD)

Ciao ♥ On Monday evening I went out for dinner with my work colleagues to celebrate, and slightly mourn, me leaving my job. It was quite a last minute two day before sort of thing as I hadn’t initially organised anything but the girls at work insisted I have a proper send off.  Aren’t they the sweetest? I settled upon Burger and Lobster in Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge, and so we filled our bellies full with well, burgers and lobster of course.

As it was a girly affair I thought it was the perfect excuse to dress up :) After trying on a ton of outfits, posing undecidedly one-two many times in the mirror and asking my sisters for advice (more so the 10 year old), I finally settled upon a fitted floral dress… or so I thought. Predictably, I changed my mind at the last minute and ended up wearing this gorgeous two-piece from American Apparel which I conveniently bought just a few days earlier.

Both garments are in an XS and fit me as if they were made for me. The skirt is of a midi-length and has a wraparound design. This detailing means that it can be worn to your preference on either your hips or waist. I chose to wear it quite high up as I’m a sucker for anything that is high-waisted as it’s a great way of emphasizing your silhouette. The crop top is in a stretchy material and literally moulds to your body shape. Considering that this was my first ever purchase from American Apparel, I am super impressed. So much so that I can already see it’s the start of an unhealthy and expensive addiction. Do you guys shop at American Apparel and if so, what is your favourite thing from them?

 Crop Top from American Apparel
Skirt from American Apparel
Heels from Zara
Earrings from Zara

To ensure you're constantly updated with my #OOTDs make sure you follow me on Instagram to get a sneak peek before they feature on my blog.
Ciao ♥ Xx

Follow on Bloglovin

47 comments:

  1. Love this one piece.... You look great doll
    Divadiari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this outfit. Been loving this print in American Apparel.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post and have a happy weekend.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!

    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! New on my French blog: I straighten my hair and I eat Fraises Tagada

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Absolutely gorgeous! You look amazing! Love this outfit as it is just perfect,everything about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooow Loook awesome *.*
    I Love ur Outfit is perfectly for the summer *.*

    InLove,
    Ayat from www.Flashyurface.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG LOVE your two piece<3
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://hilarynirvana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful!

    http://www.adelaacanski.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those matching sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love anything that matches and this is so pretty!

    Zandra // AZTEC DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are really pretty, that outfit looks gorgeous on you! :) xx

    Floralchaos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh this midi skirt and crop vest combo is beautiful on you! It fits you like a glove Babe <3 You look stunning! I hope you're following your dreams and heading into the PR Side of things <3 :)

    Serene | I Am Serene L

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this co-ord, you look so nice! Perfect floral print for summer :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/summer-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab post! Very lovely photos too. Happy Monday dear! :)

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM / Facebook / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those shoes are gorgeous!

    Helen x
    www.raggydoll-raggydoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the dress dear

    OLLYVIA LAURA | INDONESIAN STYLE, TRAVEL & BEAUTY BLOGGER |
    NEW POST : IT'S NOT A DIET

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh this co-ord looks fabulous. perfection from head to toe I'd say!

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the fit of this two piece set and as you said, it looked like these pieces are really made for you! :) Pretty!

    Looking forward to see more of your posts. Do you have an instagram account? Maybe we could follow each other. Let me know by leaving a comment on my blog or sending me a request. I'll follow back :) Thanks!

    IG: @shairangelique

    Have a nice day! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look amazing dear!

    Please click on the link on my blog
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/06/gray-blazer-with-jollychic.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Sheren, you look amazing!! This 2 piece is just perfect on you. I'm moving to London in July so I'd love for you to give me some inside tips of the best places to go :) xx

    Mimicryer x UK fashion & beauty

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love sets like this - I'm glad this trend is back and look forward to wearing sth like your outfit as soon as the weather allows ;)
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful outfit! It flatters you so well! x
    http://onthehs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous two piece, I love the print. You look fabulous!

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely outfit!

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. People from your work seems very lovely, hope you won't miss the job to much. The floral patern is very amazing, the crops too, so I'm defenitly aplauding your choice :)

    xoxo
    Danny

    d'stars
    *d'stars*

    ReplyDelete
  26. the skirt is so cool. beautiful set. ciao gloria
    Gloriadressup

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, that is a really cool outfit! x Mieke
    http://nancy-mulhouse.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look absolutely lovely! I love it when you get clothes that feel like they'v been made for you! x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your outfit! Hair looks so pretty xo
    SHEWOREWHAT

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are absolutely stunning xx

    Being Girl http://beinggirl96.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great look! Love the print!
    xx

    theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  32. love your shoes!!

    intomyjeans.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I had no idea that American Apparel sold midi skirts like that. I'm in love! I'm going to definitely check it out next time I go to American Apparel. The set looks gorgeous on you!

    Frankie the Teddy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  34. You look utterly beautiful as usual and the pattern is gorgeous! x
    fashionismyfirstlangauge.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  35. lovely dress it really suits you. I'm loving florals at the moment :) www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. That's a really cute outfit!!

    Heba xx ││The HebaBloglovinInstagram

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to all those who take the time to comment. I really appreciate it and always ensure that I pay each and every single one of your blogs a visit ♥